Tax and even more wasted tax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[url=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0 said:
Half of all town halls are wasting council tax
..........wide range of options to supplement council tax. These include 'tourist-related' taxes, including a local tax on accommodation, which could cover bed and breakfasts, hotels and holiday lets. Sir Michael says that he has received a number of proposals in this area and is interested 'in pursuing this option further'.
Other proposals include taxes on litter, waste and street repairs and congestion and road user charges. In addition Sir Michael is looking at localising charges such as vehicle excise duty or corporation tax. Revenue could also be raised by payroll taxes and business activity taxes, he proposes.....

How lo ong has this been going on ? :cool:

Sponsored Links
pip heres a photo taken from a boat on the way to falmouth from here a few days ago, I thought it might cheer you up :LOL:

dolphinsjopender7zo.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Tourist tax on accommodation is quite common abroad, it is to pay the community charge that would be paid by a local. I don't know if the hotel, B&B, etc. pays tax in addition but I expect that that it does.

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
ah ha dolphin tax!

SSHHH..their next for Gordon to tax..everytime you see a dolphin in British waters you have to pay the Government a £5 Dolphin Viewing tax

There are even rumours of a Tax Tax....you pay 5% on every pound you pay in tax!!!

great we could have tax tax tax then, oh hang on we already do. i pay tax on my earnings, then vat then every other sodding tax too!

maybe they should change the name, get rid of tax and call it something cosy like snuggle. :eek: :LOL:

Richardp said:
pip heres a photo taken from a boat on the way to falmouth from here a few days ago, I thought it might cheer you up :LOL:

Shopping trip?
Are the 'torpedos' real, or on tow? Or, is it that underwear they are after...? :D :D
About time you came clean ( :D ) DP ...... about just who you are.. or do you prefer anonimity?

BTW Water looks nicely grey for this time of year .. Just talking to a friend out in the Dandenongs ... mowing lawn, relaxing in and about the pool ... grrr !
:D :D :D :D

William Ricketts Sanctuary :D , even went on puffin billy , well gotta do the tourist thing and it was great, long as it dont set light to the bush them gum trees explode. fair dinkum.

Richardp said:
William Ricketts Sanctuary :D , even went on puffin billy , well gotta do the tourist thing and it was great, long as it dont set light to the bush them gum trees explode. fair dinkum.

Ooroo cobber ! May yer brushes never clog from lack of use !

Did you ever try the 'sky rail' cable cars to and from Kuranda in Queensland?? Never again ! :D :D

no but I been on the one in singapore over to sentosa island which is seriously scary. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back