Taylor Mark II Consumer Unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am looking to change a taylor mark II consumer unit to a nice new 17th edition unit. At first when i came across this, straight away i thought it would be a straight swap with a skeleton board. However, the skeleton boards come in a width of 330mm or there abouts and this consumer is smaller. My question is, does anyone know where or if i can get a like for like consumer or have any suggestions on what to do??
I dont really want to just attach a consumer to the back of the cupboard but if its the only option then i may have too?

Any help would be appreciated....

Sponsored Links
If you really want to go to the effort, just cannibalise a new CU, fit the DIN rail straight to the back of the enclosure, and get a couple of DIN rail terminal bars for the N/E busbars, then trim a new piece of perspex to fit.

Doesn't seem worth the effort IMO when you can fit an entire CU inside the enclosure. Pretty sure I've fitted wylex 16th CU's of at least 8 outgoing ways in them, the same size CU in dual RCD will give you 6 ways, or 10 with RCBO's, although I'd check the height as they're making the things a bit taller now.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back