teacher who seduced a 15-year-old

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this is one lucky kid, what do you reakon?

A teacher who seduced a 15-year-old schoolboy and started a relationship with him behind her boyfriend's back, Nicola Prentice, 25, from Sheffield, flirted with the pupil and sent sexy text messages to him before luring him to out-of-school dance lessons and visits to the pub.
They embarked on a 19-month relationship that ended when Prentice became tired of the teenager's emotional demands after he left school and insisted that she leave her boyfriend.

Prentice, of Loughton, pleaded guilty to two counts of abusing her position of trust by mutual touching and sexual intercourse with the boy and was given a 12-month suspended sentence by a judge at Leicester Crown Court.

Prentice, who will never teach again and will have to sign the sex offenders' register for 10 years, wept uncontrollably in the dock as she was sentenced.
what an ungrateful kid!! :D

20050622121309990016.42b98f5e-000eb-038e1-400cb8e1

Sponsored Links
She has abused her position of trust.

I do think that being on the sex offenders regisiter for 10 yrs is a little extreme - but she must have know this could have happened before she started her 'seduction' of this 15 yr old.

Would you think 'lucky kid' if it was a girl though? ;) :)

JulieL said:
She has abused her position of trust.

I do think that being on the sex offenders regisiter for 10 yrs is a little extreme - but she must have know this could have happened before she started her 'seduction' of this 15 yr old.

Would you think 'lucky kid' if it was a girl though? ;) :)
No! but I'm not , but whats the problem? :D

But Richard, you did say:-

Richardp said:
this is one lucky kid, what do you reakon?

I was just asking whether you or anyone else would have found the same thing acceptable if it would've been a 25yr old male teacher with a 15 yr old girl?

Somehow I don't think so - hence your comment of him being a 'lucky kid' - cos he was a male!!!!! ;)

She was the adult he was the vulnerable minor - whether he recognises it or not he was coerced into having sex - I'm afraid thats abuse!!!!

There are too many of these incidents happening - teachers are informed in their training of possible outcomes of this kind of behaviour - she only has herself to blame for the outcome of the trial :)

http://www.dfes.gov.uk/publications/guidanceonthelaw/dfeepub/jul00/030700/issues.htm

Sponsored Links
Yep! your right Julie...I um! don't know what I was thinking of when I suggested that he was lucky, poor guy will probably always have relationship problems :rolleyes: :D

I agree with Julie.

If it was a female pupil and a male teacher ,the bloke would be in big trouble now.

Just like the general attitude towards sex and the sexes: if it's a bloke, he's a stud to have 12 partners, if it's a girl, she's a sl*t.

That's just plain wrong!

all i can say that it is wrong for any body to break the law but as a 15 year old i wouldnt have complained if i was seduced by the french teacher[the only one that wasnt a battle axe]the only young teacher that i fancied :LOL:

big-all said:
all i can say is it is wrong for any body to break the law but as a 15 year old i wouldnt have complained if i was seduced by the french teacher[the only one that wasnt a battle axe]the only young teacher that i fancied :LOL:
thats what I was trying to say :D

by all accounts the teacher was lucky to escape a custodial sentence as the judge said exactly the same about what if the sexes had been reversed.

JulieL said:
Somehow I don't think so - hence your comment of him being a 'lucky kid' - cos he was a male!!!!! ;)

She was the adult he was the vulnerable minor - whether he recognises it or not he was coerced into having sex - I'm afraid thats abuse!!!!

I'm not sure about all this, I'm sure that if the teacher was nice enough, I would not have needed any coercion at all at 15 years old, and I can think of several of my schoolfriends who would agree with this (in fact I still see a couple of them so I will ask).

Richard says that she 'lured' him on dates etc. and this emotive kind of language may or may not be spin from the media. How do we know that he was not pestering her and trying to 'lure' her round the back of the bike sheds after school.

I realise that I may be quite wrong about this and that the boy may indeed have been vulnerable.

In either case she abused her position as a teacher and I don't think there would have been any option but to sack her.

It is obviously wrong morally for a 25 year old to have such a relationship with a 15 year old and totally unprofessional for a of any age teacher to have a relationship with a pupil of any age.

Saying that, if my Biology teacher had made such advances towards me I would have been beside myself and would probably brag about it to this day. :LOL:

I can speak from experience that people of that age can be quite persistent once they have their sights set on someone, and by dissuading them you will end up hurting them no matter how innocent you are. The teacher is to blame, she shouldn't have embarked on any sort of improper relationship with the boy, even if he did start it.

Plus she obviously IS a sl*t, anyone who two-times (whether male or female) is.

It's hard enough teaching youngsters not to be promiscuous these days without the influence from a suposedly trusted person, she should have no argument to the punishment imposed on her.

Female teacher and male pupil seems to be no great sin. But what if it were a male teacher and male pupil? Worse than mt/fp? Here's my view in order of sinfulness:

ft/mp
ft/fp
mt/mp
mt/fp

So thats ff is better than mm, which is better than mf. right. Doesn't that rather suggest the whole notion of a legal age of consent is a bit absurd?

Heres another on, if I remember it right. 60 year old chats up (etc!) 16 year old. 16 year old chats up 15 year old. Guess who might be breaking the law?

Stoday said:
Female teacher and male pupil seems to be no great sin. But what if it were a male teacher and male pupil? Worse than mt/fp? Here's my view in order of sinfulness:

ft/mp
ft/fp
mt/mp
mt/fp

I would disagree, I would say that mt/mp is worst of all. That isn't homophobia, it is because at that age you can't be certain of sexuality. If the pupil is destined to be heterosexual but is in a bi/homo-curious phase, this could cause major psychological problems for the rest of his life.

Male homosexuality seems to have a far greater stigma than lebsianism. For example my female friends are disgusted when we chaps try to explain our fascination with watching two girls together by suggesting they might enjoy watching two men together. In fact many have said they would sooner watch two girls together!

So, I think mt/mp is worst.

Sponsored Links
Back