Teak oil or boiled linseed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am giong to fit some tempory ply worktops and to make them slightly more hygenic I want to "treat" them wilh some kind of sealant/oil as they are going to be in place for about 2 months. I've got a few bottles of teak oil here and also a bottle of boiled linseed. What would be the best treatment or do I need somthing else?? Also how many coats would I need and how long does it take to dry?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is there a reason why you want an oiled surface? You will have to rub it down very smooth first, and if you are preparing food on it I am not sure how you will keep it clean (household cleaners and detergents will clean the oil off; so will scrubbing it as used to be done on kitchen tables in the days before laminates).

A matt polyurathane varnish would be hard wearing and less trouble (avoid gloss varnish as it will look like a toffee-apple-.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back