Teba oven cooling fan doesn't run?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had my Teba oven just over a year now and the cooling fan seems to rarely come on anymore. Instead of the fan I now get a hum that seems to last for the duration the cooling fan should be running.

This is rather worrying as I've only just finished my kitchen and don't want it to burnt to a cinder! Any ideas would be gratefully received?

I brought the oven, new, from a friend who changed his mind so can't take it back to a retailer.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It's not a cooling fan. You've got a fan assisted oven, the fan circulates the warm air around it to provide an even temperature.

If the fan is not turning and is making a humming noise it's probably siezed up. You could try turning it by hand to see if it moves freely. (With the oven switched off).

IanDB

It's not a cooling fan. You've got a fan assisted oven, the fan circulates the warm air around it to provide an even temperature.
You may be right in what you say, but my fan oven has a cooling fan.
I am not familiar with this oven. If its a cooling fan it should come on as and when required by the sensor. If it is the fan for the fan oven then it should be on all the time that the thermostat is switched on, regardless of a call for heat.

According to the destructions "when the oven is turned off after use, the oven cooling fan will continue to work for a short period of time".

I wonder if it's the same fan only without the heat to circulate or maybe it runs in reverse?! On the next occasion it does run I'll have a look.

Unfortunately the instructions don't have a help line or service centre to call, nor it appears a website

Sponsored Links
My Neff fan assisted, built under oven, has a separate 'cooling fan' this appears to flow air between outer and inner walls / sides of cooker, there are vents at the oven front where this gentle flow exits. When the oven is being used as a grill then the 'oven recirculating' fan is stationary but the cooling fan does run.
P

What do they say about a little knowledge? :oops:

However the same theory still applies. If the fan isn't turning it's probably seized and will just sit there humming at you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back