Teenage mums: are schools to blame?

J

JulieL

Interesting article re 3 sisters who had babies at 12, 14 & 16.

http://www.itv.com/news/index_1422451.html

What I find amazing is that the Mother of these girls blames their schools for not properly teaching sex education to the girls .
Surely sex/relationship education starts in the home?

Sponsored Links
The mother would wouldnt she.....she is probably just as educationally and immature as her daughters.

Kids follow their parents....they need guidence and that wont come from a parent like that.

Personally i think they should be sterilised.....for the sake of the next batch of little babies who will be bought into a loveless world and have no chance of a decent upbringing.

The fathers should be locked up too.....

Still so soon after the election its nice to know what he income tax of my hard earned money goes towards... :evil:

I don't find it amazing that the mother blamed the school; the school is an easy scapegoat to try and deflect criticisms of her own shortcomings as a parent.
Having said that, I'm sure that if sex education in schools was better there would be a decrease in teenage pregnancies.
I would hope that the fact that the girls involved in this case are continuing their schooling as young mothers will have a contraceptive effect on their peers.

Proof that the human race is devolving.

Those with genes worth passing on work hard and have 2 or 3 kids.

Those who should really be sterilised stay at home getting drunk and pregnant all day. :rolleyes: Seriously, I'm sure we would really enjoy sitting around at home in our pants and drinking all day. Who wouldn't. But WE understand that there are bills to be paid, and we are the ones to pay them.

Jade sits four GCSEs this year and hopes to work in IT

Hmmm, never knew IT stood for Incessant Trollop. :mad:

Don't get my Tory-boy attitude wrong here, I had a very long and stable relationship with a woman who had been a "gymslip mum", but she worked very hard and was a jolly good mother too.

Now, the average age that current UK teens lose their virginity is 17. We have all had accidents. Some people are too stupid to get the morning-after pill. There are going to be some teenage pregnancies. There always have been.

But when you have 3 girls under the age of 16 getting pregnant in your family, you should consider if you are doing something wrong.

If you have a 12 year old pregnant in your family, take a hint. PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE. PHONE SOCIAL SERVICES. YOU ARE AN UNFIT MOTHER. :rolleyes:

chav2.jpg

Sponsored Links
petewood said:
I'm sure that if sex education in schools was better there would be a decrease in teenage pregnancies.

There has been a problem with sex education in schools over recent years - primarily due to Section 28. Many schools were too 'scared' to broach sex & relationship education apart from the basic biology stuff.
Despite the repeal of section 28 schools are still very reluctant to undertake this kind of education.
Perhaps the teachers are the wrong people to do this anyway - it would probably be a more appropriate job for the school nurses

I could start a big rant about Section 28 but having been in the pub tonight I'll save it until I can voice my point properly. Suffice to say it's best in the dustbin where it belongs and I hope teachers will soon follow suit and liberalise their teaching to match.

The mother was on GMTV this morning and said that she made a mistake letting them sleep together resulting in pregnancies. OK, you make a mistake once, but not the same mistake three times. :evil: How dare she blame the education system, she is the parent and the ultimate responsibilty of educating her children in sexual matters must lie with her. Oddly enough all of the kids said that they knew unprotected sex would lead to pregnancy, but they still went ahead. :confused:

Interestingly the mother has been married twice and none of the childrens fathers were her husbands, that says it all really.

Yet another drain on the state for the next 16 years.

I presume at least a few of us here may not know anything of S.28 .. So :-
See a little of Section 28 ...here (Wikipedia .. a neat resource !!)
... and here

P

ninebob said:
I could start a big rant about Section 28 but having been in the pub tonight I'll save it until I can voice my point properly. Suffice to say it's best in the dustbin where it belongs and I hope teachers will soon follow suit and liberalise their teaching to match.

and of course you got a lift home walked or took public transport :LOL: :LOL: ;)

I think Section 28 is unrelated to this. As I understood it, S28 simply made schools unable to promote homosexuality as a married-with-kids-style relationship.

I think the whole story about the stupid bint and her three stupid daughters is an advertisement for eugenics. The fact that she is so pathetic that she can't take the blame for her shortcomings as a parent shows that she really shouldn't be a parent. The fact that she admits she LET her daughters have sex shows that she is not right. Expecially seeing as those men were as old as 38, for chrissakes!

Those poor babies should be taken away immediately. They would be more likely to have a happy and prosperous life if they were brought up by people who had more in the way of common sense and morals.

Take the babies away, and sew those stupid little girls up lest they might procreate further.

Have three kids, with three different fathers, let them all have underage sex, get pregnant, make money off the papers and TV, get council flat, sit on fat ar5e and watch Trisha!

JulieL said:
petewood said:
I'm sure that if sex education in schools was better there would be a decrease in teenage pregnancies.

There has been a problem with sex education in schools over recent years - primarily due to Section 28. Many schools were too 'scared' to broach sex & relationship education apart from the basic biology stuff.
Despite the repeal of section 28 schools are still very reluctant to undertake this kind of education.
Perhaps the teachers are the wrong people to do this anyway - it would probably be a more appropriate job for the school nurses

How sect.28 relates here, by young Jules ..
:cool:

And, of course, if they'd been taught the full joy of girl-girl love at school, they may not have ended up in the pickle they're in now.....

Sponsored Links
Back