textured paint remove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all can anyone help with this, some bright spark decided to paint all the walls in the bedroom with textured paint (not artex) the type with stones in nice, i need to remove it before wallpapering, can anyone give advice on this please, i cannot afford to have it skimmed as funds are low, i know this is the best bet but never mind, what options do i have,

thanks for the ideas regarding bathpanel your advice helped and the job is done
regards Chrissy. :p

Sponsored Links
Well if you are happy that the surface contains no dangerous particles (early Artex contained asbestos for example) and you don't mind dust you could belt sand the thing! The surface still wont be very good though.

Have a look at the polycell skimming products you can get, you could have a go at this yourself and the stuff is not very expensive.

If you dont spend on wallpaper you could afford to get it skimmed and just use emulsion ;)

Ihave had a look on b&q web page they have a product for removing textured paint its not cheap may give it ago, pity they dont do samples if it dont work then nothing will be lost (sigh such is life)
regards Chrissy. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back