Thanks guys

2scoops0406

Once again, proving itself to be a mine of useful info, I now understand why my boiler has just started locking out. The boiler is

A Potterton Suprima 60 :( and is only 18 monthsold. So either fix or replace the PCB then :!:

Don't tell me I've posted in the wrong forum, I mean this post only as a message of thanks to you all.

Sponsored Links
I'd clean the pins on the connectors at least, which might help. Also give potterton merry hell. They know their boards needed changing and brought out a different one shortly after (?) your boiler. With a bit of pressure they might share/pay cost. 18 months is not good enough - sale of goods act.

I think my boilers been eavesdropping, it has behaved all day today, probably in fear of having its guts ripped out :LOL:

ChrisR said:
I'd clean the pins on the connectors at least, which might help. Also give potterton merry hell. They know their boards needed changing and brought out a different one shortly after (?) your boiler. With a bit of pressure they might share/pay cost. 18 months is not good enough - sale of goods act.

Yeah, 18 months not good, unfortunately forgot to get it serviced in Oct last year, so maybe batting on a bit of a sticky wicket, we'll see :D And I've just noticed the post's been moved :LOL:

Sponsored Links
went to service one today, 7 years old, pcb still in good knick, never been changed........dont know what all the fuss is about..............lol

also cant understand why people are payin 2-300 quid to get it changed, us potty boys will change it for alot less........

dont seem to get too many failing around nuneaton where i live.........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back