The best Cordless drill/driver for less than £100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need some advice on which driver/drill will be the best to buy for my other half.

We have moved to a new house and there are loads of jobs that he is doing but his current drill/driver isn't brill (the cheapest 18v drill/driver from B&Q bought about 5 years ago). Primarily he is going to build several large deck areas in the garden.

Any advice on which one would be the best for general use of this kind and that lasts well (including the accessories) will be appreciated.

Julie

Sponsored Links
Got an 18v Ryobi for £70 recently, seems to work fine and batteries are interchangable with othr Ryobi chordless.

Another Ryobi vote here. You can get him a new tool from the one+ cordless range every christmas and birthday (impact driver, great for decking ;) ). He'll love you forever!

Sponsored Links
It's not the drill that matters but the drill bits.

joe-90 said:
It's not the drill that matters but the drill bits.
Try installing a false ceiling overhead sometime, the weight of the drill you are using becomes a major factor after an hour or two, therefore the smaller and lighter the drill the better. I use 9.6 or 12 volt Bosch industrial drill/drivers for much of my installation work (and they're discounted to under £100 at Screwfix ayt the moment) - the light weight and small size pay dividends when working inside confined spaces or above shoulder height as 18 volt jobbies like the Ryobi are not only too large but far too heavy. The downside with 9.6 or 12 volt stuff is that it doesn't have the necessary oomph to drill into concrete walls - for that a cheapo SDS mains drill will do better than most, even trade-rated, cordless drills. Another plus to Bosches over say the equivalent Ryobis or Makitas is that the Bosch drills seem to have a better over-run brake, a major plus when driving gazillions of screws, You pays yer money.....

Scrit

spend as much as he can afford. go for a decent brand. if it means breaking the budget by £20 then do it. its worth it in the long run. screwfix have quite a few on offer bosch/dewalt/hitachi etc

Thanks for all the advice guys. I went for the Ryobi Drill/Circular saw combi recommended by big-all. I managed to get a £10 discount code too so got the set for £89.99.

It was his birthday on Friday and he loves it, especially when I showed him the catalogue which details the items that can expand his range.

Thanks again!

Julie :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back