The best place to buy loft and pipe insulation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if somewhere like B&Q was actually a good place to be buying insulation? I need a reasonably large amount (£250 or so) of loft insulation and also the pipe insulation for our new central heating. Loft insulation is rather bulky so rather than make half a dozen trips in the car, I thought it might be cheaper to have them deliver it? any advise much appreciated. Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.

Sponsored Links
Basically, make a few phone call and compare prices,

Just thought I mention this and I don't know if it's still available.When I insulated my property (built 1902) my local planning gave me a grant of 66% discount on all insulation type,but this was 22 years ago and one of the government policy at the time and your property must be built pre-war.

grants are still available, my daughter was offered one about 3 months ago through one of the electric supply companies. could have been Scot Power or Power Gen. It would have cost her about £135 for a terraced house but I don't know what the savings would have been.She never took up the offer.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, the grant is £125 providing you used an approved installer, rather than install it yourself. The improved installer charges £320, of which you get £125 grant, so it still costs you £195. This is just money for the boys, IMHO. Come on it's not hard to roll out a few rolls of insulation in the loft!

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.

Sponsored Links
scook17 said:
providing you used an approved installer, rather than install it yourself.

Ahhhh,that's a shame because we did it ourselves,maybe it's to stop people fiddling the grant money.Personally I rather have it done even it mean paying out a little bit more or not a lot in it.It is a terrible job to do,when I did mine loft conversion the dusts was unbelievable as the sunlight shining thru' my skylight windows and you have to cover up from head to toe plus eye goggle, dust mask & hat.In my opinion it's not very healthy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back