There's a mark on my bath that I can't shift....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've recently bought a flat (my first step on the property ladder) and I've swapped round the cast iron bath and sink in the bathroom and put the shower in a new position. This is because the old shower was pointing across the bath and not along it... Long story...

Anyway, in turning the bath round, the side that was against the wall is now on the outside. On this side there used to be a strip that had been stuck onto the bath with some adhesive that attached it to the wall.

After removing that strip and turning the bath round there is now an unsightly yellow stain going along the edge of the bath where the adhesive used to go.

I can't seem to shift it. I've tried stuff like Cif, a plumber has tried scraping the mark off delicately with a razor blade and has even tried petrol!

Its starting to fade a bit (I think) but its still very noticeable. I'll be putting up a shower screen that will cover most of it most of the time but I would like to get rid of it completely.

Does anyone have any tips?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
if enamel bath , ?

you need to touch it up ,with brill white paint , lol

if long scare spray paint on , dry , then glass paper ....an seal if ok

hope this helps :)

It's an enamel bath.

So I need to paint it?

It's quite old so the colour has faded and is no longer brilliant white. Is painting it still the best way of dealing with it?

Sponsored Links
i would try t-cut if that didnt work i would resort to the fact that its going to need painting so get more drastic, and use 1200 wetand dry/ sand paper (1200 is very fine -use it wet), then t-cut that to get it shiney again. the risk is going too far and going through the enamal if that happens respray the enamal I think plastikote do enamal sprays.

Try an enamel rubber.

You can get them from any decent bathroom showroom or alternatively you could buy an "aga" rubber which is the same thing you can use to clean "aga" cookers.

Kev

Sounds like the enamel has absorbed the colour which means you can't remove it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back