thermostat controlling a convection heater??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello this is my first post and i am after some advice please.I want to control a 1.5kw convection heater with a thermostat.I need a temp of 25degrees c during day from 8.am till 8 pm then a temp drop to 20 degrees until 8 am again. I have got a heater with a thermo built in but its very unaccurate. so i need something more constant and reliable.Before anyone asks i am not growing dope or anything its to control my reptile house as i keep tortoises.Any ideas or input welcome.
Pete

Sponsored Links
Hi you don't say what type of heater, i assume you are talking about ELECTRIC HEATER?.
IF so you would be better off on electrics site, you would need external and internal thermostats and the built in one disabled i asume.

Consult your local pet shop, they'll know the ins and outs i would have thought!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back