Thermostatic Mixer Shower Fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm fitting a thermostatic mixer bar shower to my new bathroom but I've a few problems.

I've chased out the brickwork to under bath level for the pipes, but in places when I was chasing the chase has gone about 45mm deep into the brickwork, I've read the maximum is 30mm. Is this going to cause a problem??

Secondly, once I've run some pipe up how do I attach it firmly to the wall to allow the shower to bolt onto it??

Thanks,

Ian

Sponsored Links
dont worry about ur 45 deep bits..the pipe will find its own level. fix it to the wall with saddle clips (having allowed a gap for them to be screwed to the wall when u chased out.)
before u fix to the wall solder ur elbows on. (so a good 100mm is sticking out of the wall)... and then wrap in duct tape to protect from corrosion.
make sure when fixing into place that the pipework will connect to the shower unit !!!!!!!!

Most Bar Mixers have 1/2 inch male connectors, so use a backplate elbow on the connection, they also have fixing holes, centre of pipe work is usually 153 mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back