Thermostatic Radiator Valves.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting TRV's to radiators in my house. Please could some one tell me if I have two radiators in a room do I need to fit TRV's to both rads and secondly should I fit one to the bathroom rad and to the hall radiator where the Room Stat is fixed?
Thanks
Braindrain

Sponsored Links
Yes fit TRV's to both rads, the bathroom rad if you like but they are often draped in towels which can shut the valve off (if the head is covered), the room stat rad should not have a TRV fitted.

Only fit Honeywell, Danfoss or Drayton ie quality brands. Most other TRV's less than say £8.00 are rubbish (reduced flow, leak, jam, heads break off etc).

Depending on yout system setup you may need an automatic bypass valve to keep sufficient flow through the boiler and prevent excessive noise through the valves.

If you have a combi boiler DON'T fit a TRV on the bathroom rad just 2 lockshields.......... ;)

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

Sponsored Links
There is nothing special about a combi in the heating mode!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back