Thermostatic radiator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I changed all the rad valves it my house to trv the down stairs which is 10 mm micro bore to drayton type (except one rad which i kept just valves and left open to act like a bypass) these valves could only be fitted to the flow pipe and up stairs 15mm a make called altria which could be fitted to either the flow or return (reversible flow).

The ones down stairs where all fitted to the flow and up stairs some went on the flow and some the return (by mistake) so far two of my rads up stairs on the other end of the house where the boiler seem to hammer when they go to close not all the time but at lease twice a night(these two have been fitted to the return end). I have tried to adjust the flow of the rad and made sure the rad did not need bleeding and also adjusted the pump speed but it only seems to help a little bit with the noise but carries on until i adjust the valve up or down or until the valve closes fully itself

Any help would be very grateful

Sponsored Links
I would suggest that you fit an automatic bypass valve. Honeywell make a good one - type DU145. This will maintain a constant differential pressure across your radiators (adjustable from 0.1 to 0.6 bar)

Your TRVs will work much better, and the system will be much quieter in operation.

For more information have a look at the link below:

http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/files/pag102.pdf

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back