1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

They threatened Corbyn would take us back to the 70s.. But the Tories did

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SirGalahad, 17 Sep 2021.

  1. wobs

    wobs

    Joined:
    20 Feb 2008
    Messages:
    1,419
    Thanks Received:
    51
    Location:
    Hull
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Speaking of the UK, an interesting film on our last attempt to enter the space race:


    And we actually thought about going to moon! To the extent we designed a space suit decades before the Americans:

    -See a replica, and the thinking behind the whole thing
     
  2. Sponsored Links
  3. Ihavenojob

    Ihavenojob

    Joined:
    7 Jan 2010
    Messages:
    9,904
    Thanks Received:
    1,503
    Location:
    Dystopia
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    As much as it pains me to say, Concorde was a collaboration with the French.
     
  4. wobs

    wobs

    Joined:
    20 Feb 2008
    Messages:
    1,419
    Thanks Received:
    51
    Location:
    Hull
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Glad you brought up. Collaboration is an important factor in many innovations.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mottie

    Mottie

    Joined:
    27 Feb 2017
    Messages:
    18,275
    Thanks Received:
    1,857
    Location:
    Essexshire
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    52% of those that voted didn’t like the 'bill' they were paying. That’s democracy and has to be respected even if you are part of the remaining 48%.
     
  6. JohnD

    JohnD

    Joined:
    15 Nov 2005
    Messages:
    73,597
    Thanks Received:
    4,244
    Location:
    Crossgates, Europe
    Country:
    Cook Islands
    The one they were falsely told was £350 million a week.

    Boris and Cummings had to lie to win.

    Mottie likes liars.
     
  7. Mottie

    Mottie

    Joined:
    27 Feb 2017
    Messages:
    18,275
    Thanks Received:
    1,857
    Location:
    Essexshire
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Perhaps there should be a system of reverse democracy? You know, the one where those that lose a vote are judged to be more knowledgeable than those that won. I’m sure there’ll be a few on here that would like that system.
     
  8. wobs

    wobs

    Joined:
    20 Feb 2008
    Messages:
    1,419
    Thanks Received:
    51
    Location:
    Hull
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    There should be no shame in admitting you were conned.
     
  9. And there, ladies and gentleman, we have another shining example of the level of knowledge of a typical Brexit supporter.
     
  10. Sponsored Links
  11. Mottie

    Mottie

    Joined:
    27 Feb 2017
    Messages:
    18,275
    Thanks Received:
    1,857
    Location:
    Essexshire
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    No shame in admitting you were wrong either. Go on….
     
  12. What on earth kind of person finds that truth "painful"?
     
  13. ReganAndCarter

    ReganAndCarter

    Joined:
    13 Sep 2010
    Messages:
    3,966
    Thanks Received:
    387
    Location:
    Sick Man Of Europe
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    They realise that hanging onto traditions is very important to their national identity.

    The US is a fantastic country, I've visited many times and could happily live there. It's almost like a world in one country - from the frozen wastes of Alaska to the dust of Arizona, and everything in between. But someone once described The US as a third world country with money. While that's probably not true of the whole country, it could probably well describe large areas of it.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  14. ReganAndCarter

    ReganAndCarter

    Joined:
    13 Sep 2010
    Messages:
    3,966
    Thanks Received:
    387
    Location:
    Sick Man Of Europe
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    I had a Dolomite with the 1500cc engine used in later Spitfires. I became quite good at setting up the twin SUs.
     
  15. ReganAndCarter

    ReganAndCarter

    Joined:
    13 Sep 2010
    Messages:
    3,966
    Thanks Received:
    387
    Location:
    Sick Man Of Europe
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Bloody hairdresser! ;) :ROFLMAO:
     
  16. andy11

    andy11

    Joined:
    19 Apr 2005
    Messages:
    1,653
    Thanks Received:
    202
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    This is correct but the national industries were badly run by the pre-Thatcher governments. This is another case where both sides did wrong yet we only had the usual two sides to choose from.
     
  17. wobs

    wobs

    Joined:
    20 Feb 2008
    Messages:
    1,419
    Thanks Received:
    51
    Location:
    Hull
    Country:
    United Kingdom
    Brexit has been a disaster. As predicted.
    So, I wasn't wrong.
     
Loading...

Share This Page