This is not a chat room.... apologies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ooo...
have been looking through historical posts and saw one about chat rooms.
(now I see why you suggested chatrooms to me poshman)
I guess I didnt understand how these things work being new to this sort of thing.
I read a more recent post about chatrooms where someone , cant remember who now, said that this place was in effect a chat room.
I dont want to come on here and chat to just one person and I dont understand about messaging etc..
I guess that I have misunderstood what this general chat forum is for though.
I sometimes come on here and enjoy the instant banter/ debate.

Having read back down the line I see that it is frowned upon to treat the forum in this way....

Sponsored Links
You can reply to posts people make - does that make it a chat room?

I think as long as there is (or originally was) a real "topic" at the start, how it progresses is pretty free.

You can always do what I do, and put an email address that's different to your "real" one, where you receive notifications etc, in the MSN messenger field of your profile if you want people to be able to send you 1:1 messages.

B A S I dont understand this.. I only have one email address which is a general sort of one.
how can you have another one?

Toffee..chat rooms are what msn had going & were great until all the pervs, started courting there. There are chat rooms about do a google search. I couldnt find a good one.

Sponsored Links
Im not an internet whizz as will be obvious.
through ignorance ( in true sense of the word) Im scared of chat rooms.
I dont really know exactly what they are but I thought they were places you went to meet a partner and Im not looking for that.
I also thought they cost money and I wouldn really know how to get on one.
Also, you hear about all sorts of not nice stuff on chat rooms and Im not a teenager either!!!!
I found this by a genuine search for diy help and enjoy the chat.

can we have a chatroom?? that would be great! :LOL:

imagine that -

slogger and bob dole: live!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Toffee..chat rooms are just places to CHAT rather tahn make a post, which is what we do here...chat is just chat..when you log of its gone, you dont come back to it, & yes you can make personal friends if you want. When I was on msn chat we finished by making own chat roon (ie our rules).

toffee said:
B A S I dont understand this.. I only have one email address which is a general sort of one.
how can you have another one?
You can sign up with Yahoo! mail, Microsoft Hotmail, Google gmail, and probably dozens of others.

Your ISP may well provide you with the ability to have several email addresses. I'm with BT, and if you look at my profile you'll see an "@btconnect.com" email address in there (I've actually entered it in the field for MSN Messenger, even though it isn't a Messenger ID, because I keep my "real" email address private.)

That BT email ID is one of a number that I have.

Toffee, the way I see (and explain to others) this General Chat category on this site is comparing it with the 'coffee-machine/coffee-vending-machine at a work place.
There you would also 'chat', gossip, banter etc when you take a break from normal work.
(And since I don't have any real colleagues at my work place, running a little retail shop on my own, it's a nice and many time humorous way to 'socialize' in the bestes meaning of the word)

Diyisfun said:
Toffee..chat rooms are what msn had going & were great until all the pervs, started courting there. Well Heloo, Tofeee, what`s a nice girl like you doing in a place like this. :evil:

toffee
you can get anonymous web email accounts ....
go here an have a read ..

http://www.emailaddresses.com/

you can then get lots of disposable accounts for yourself ,

when signing upto sites

so you only use your isp one for close family an friends ...

I hope this is some help ;)

thank you all for these replies.
I need to learn more about the email thing.

toffee said:
Im not an internet whizz as will be obvious.
through ignorance ( in true sense of the word) Im scared of chat rooms.
I dont really know exactly what they are but I thought they were places you went to meet a partner and Im not looking for that.
I also thought they cost money and I wouldn really know how to get on one.
Also, you hear about all sorts of not nice stuff on chat rooms and Im not a teenager either!!!!
I found this by a genuine search for diy help and enjoy the chat.
Likewise In all aspects. Computers terrify me. if anything goes wrog I have to ask my 18 year old son otherwise I'm up the creek without a puddle! See what I mean :oops: Hairyjon

Likewise likewise. I feel its like sitting in a pub listening to different conversations, chipping in now & again.
Hairyjon, nice to see a southerner on, at least I can understand the accent!

:)

Mark

Milk, no sugar ta.

Sponsored Links
Back