Tile Adhesive for Bitumen Floors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Hello

I have just laid a ceramic tile floor in my kitchen & dining room. As the floor is a bitumen surface it will be very resistant to most cement based adhesives. I would therefore recommend using an adhesive with an elastic polymer in the mixture. Basically the polymer acts as an adhesion enhancer, i.e it will make it more sticky and will adhere better to the bitumen surface. The adhesive I used is available in two forms: 1> the cement adhesive on its own, which you then add the liquid polymer to it or 2> available as a single part all-in-one powder, with the polymer already in it. For ease of use and mixing, I used the all-in-one solution. All you need to do is add clean fresh water as per the quantities on the back of the pack. The product I used is called SONTEX SINGLE PART RAPID FLEX ADHESIVE. I'm not 100% sure but, it is only available in 20kg units. My floor is rock solid and very strong. It will take light traffic after approximately 2 to 3 hours, but I recommend 6-7 hours to be on the safe side. I hope this is helpful to you

---------------------------------------
locked to prevent hijacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back