Tile under end ridge tile broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The tile immediately under the very end ridge tile on my roof is broken (snapped clean in two) I don't know how this has happened?!!

Anyway, to repair it would would require the ridge tile to be uplifted and once the tile is replaced, then to re-seat the ridge tile. Is this a 'big job' and how long would it take? Also, would it be expensive ?

I live in Essex (for my sins ;) )

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Its not really a 'big' job, more of a fiddley job. Hopefully the mortar won't be rock solid as the roofer will have a bit of a game getting the ridge tile off to get to the broken tile.

Also bear in mind the roofer may have to scout round a few yards to get a decent tile match. Also he may have to cut the new tile before he cements it in place so take all this into account when he gives you the price.

:)

he may also need to grind out the joints so as not to lift the neighbouring ridge tiles.

Mw Roofline said:
Its not really a 'big' job, more of a fiddley job. Hopefully the mortar won't be rock solid as the roofer will have a bit of a game getting the ridge tile off to get to the broken tile.

Also bear in mind the roofer may have to scout round a few yards to get a decent tile match. Also he may have to cut the new tile before he cements it in place so take all this into account when he gives you the price.

:)

Thanks for the prompt replies. The tiles are Ludlow Plus ones and there's a yard next to me sells them for £1 each. :)

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind that a roofer will have to drive out to look at it, probably go to get materials (although they may be next door), risk his life getting onto the roof and possibly have to pay a mate to hold the ladder. He may then not have another local job to do do after.

He would be justified to charge for one day for two men even though it might only take an hour.

Any price less than this should be acceptable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back