Tile vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've installed two in-line extractor fans in my bungalow, one in the bathroom, one a seperate WC. I could take the hoses to the soffits and use the vents that came with the fan units or i guess I could run them up to the roof and use some kind of tile vent...? I ask as they originate in the centre of the house and it is a bit aof a distance to the soffit, shortest route is to roof. My tiles are the concrete type typical of the age of my property (1960's).

My Mum's house has a plastic dome thingy which sits on the tiles and to which the extractor hose connects.

Any help please?

Sponsored Links
What's the question? You have all the possibilities. Vent through the wall, at the soffit, through a tile vent, or at the ridge. All are valid solutions. Suggest you go down your builders merchants to check out the costs.

ifyou vent through the soffit you havent got to get on the bloody roof, are you mad

Thanks Freddie, I could go through the soffit but it would involve a long run of ducting, the shortest distance is to the roof.

j

Sponsored Links
Please yourself, but getting on the roof is going to be 10 times more of a job than you think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back