Tiling a kitchen table

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure you've all seen them, the good lady would like me to tile the kitchen table. This doesnt seem like a hard job, I'll be using the router and then sander etc to give the required depth for the tiles and adhesive. The thing is which adhesive/grout to use? I dont want discoluoration of the grout and it will also have to be waterproof. Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
Forgotten the name now, it's the same they use for worktop which I have and it meets all the health & safety guideline for handling foods on it plus it's waterproof. Pop down to the tiles shop (not shed ) and they will tell you what you will need.

Masona, you're not going to recommend that awful epoxy grout are you?

Acrylic grout will do the job...Epoxy is general used in Profesional situations.

Sponsored Links
shaggy said:
Masona, you're not going to recommend that awful epoxy grout are you?
That's probably why I got a few brain cells missing :LOL:

The last time I did this I used EvoStick contact adhesive and a waterproof grout. That was last year, and it's still fine. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back