TILING HELP / ADVICE NEEDED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I paid for a 'professional' tiler to tile my bathroom at the weekend but noticed that he broke a tile in half so that he could tile around the shower head holder (which is removalble!) Im really not happy with this as it looks terribly messy but this cowboy he tells me he 'can't' drill a hole in a tile which I just don't believe. As Im a younge woman living alone & feel he is taking me for a fool but I need solid facts to confront him with when he calls back tomorrow night. Can anyone please help me. surely a small hole can be drilled into a tile after it has been fixed to the wall and if so do you have to wait a few days for the adhesive to be fully dry or can my tiler do it there and then? Maybe the hole can put in the tile first - is this an easy job? HELP :(

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear that.

Tiles can be drilled either before or after fitting (I'd go for after)

Just go careful and turn off the hammer action.

I'd get him back to remove the cut tile, fit another (whole one) and drill a small hole in it for the shower head.

Good luck.

Agree with Toasty.

You need a special tile drill bit (that he probably hasn't got) to do it properly although a normal will do it with a bit of care.

Why not purchase one for him and embarrass him into doing it for you ;)

Sponsored Links
The tile drills look like a spear head. Putting masking tape on the tile will ensure it does not slip and turning the chuck by hand until the glaze has been penetrated slightly will ensure that the tile does not crack.

Also don't have the drill set too fast as this will knacker the bit. A normal masonry bit can also be used. Just drill with care with both.

Meblin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back