Tiling help pls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,

I was wondering if any good soul can help me. I was putting some tiles on the bathroom wall yesterday. I did 2 mistakes and was wondering if somebody, can please help by answering some questions.
1. My spacers were a bit longer (4 mm) as compared to my tiles (15*15 cm). They are not fully contained in the joint and am unable to grout without taking these off. How can I take these spacers out, when the adhesive is dried now?

2. I forgot to clean wipe the extra adhesive while putting these on the walls. So many tiles have spots and peaces of adhesives stuck. Now the adhesive is dried and I am unable to clean it. Whats the best way to do this?

An urgent help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Rick

Sponsored Links
I'm not quite sure what you meant about the spacers but i take it they are stuck in the joint? Try and carefully price them out with a small screw driver being careful not to chip the tiles.

As for the adhesive it is a pain to get off. Be sure next time to wipe them with a wet sponge as you go along. In the mean time i found the best way was to sponge water onto the remaining adhesive, leave for 5 mins and carefully scrape it off with a wall scraper. Again, be careful not to chip the tiles!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back