Tiling onto paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help I need a quick fix. Our tiler has expressed his annoyance because when getting rid of the excess paint on our rollers I painted over the sections underneath the kitchen units where he's going to tile. Because he always uses pva to seal the plaster he's worried about doing it a different way – apparently now he has to scribe the paint and then tile without using pva. Is this method ok or is there any other solutions. please respond quickly as he is due to start the tiling soon and I will have no come backs if the tiles fall off because I made the mistake of paintingn the plaster. Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
I'd be more worried that he is proposing to use PVA.

Test that the paint has bonded to the wall by sticking gaffa/carpet tape to the wall, press down firmly, leave for 15mins and peel off. If it pulls the paint off you need to remove all the loose paint it the paint stays on the wall you should be OK as a kitchen is not as critical as a bathroom/shower.

JAson

thanks for your help. i will do that test now although he has already finished the tiling. i was alsoa bit worried about him using pva and i've let him know this forums thoughts about pva. the kitchen was a test to see if he'll do the bathroom and so far his tiling (positioning wise) is spot on :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back