Tiling up to and around window - problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm tiling my bathroom and on one wall where the bath and shower is I need to tile up to the ceiling and window edge. I then want to continue the tiles around the inside of the window and the rest of the wall but only part way up the window/rest of wall. The problem I have is that with the tile trim this leaves an edge on the inside of the window (the part of the wall where the tiles go up to the ceiling). I don't wish to create a 'step' or tile the whole wall.

I hope people can understand this and does anyone have any advice or ideas on how to get round this problem?

Many thanks

Matthew

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the forum.
If I understand you correctly, this is what you're trying to do
P1000473.jpg

Excuse the dodgy drawing, I couldn't find the ruler!

I've had to do this a few times and the best I could come up with was fitting one piece of tile trim up the edge of the window to the ceiling. Then fit another trim on the inside of the window - so you have 2 trims meeting at the corner like this (plan view)
P1000474.jpg

It looks fine.

Very tricky,but looks like that's the best you'll get without tiling all the way up.

Roughcaster

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back