Tiny slight weep from end compression fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
on a rad valve i had a leak from a drain plug (conet valve) i tried to tighten this up, to no avail..

so bought a end compression fitting after speaking to a a plumber, and overall perfect, apart from about in a week i have a tiny brown stain, (nothing major)

ive tightned it up as much as i dear, and dont fancy slackening it off to wrap ptfe around the olive, as there are compression fittings that T off in different directions, and ive been there before were i touch one and they all flipping leak.

any suggestions please??

thanks . its not causing a problem id just like it dry and perfect :)

Sponsored Links
Presumably, you mean a comp. end-stop? A pic would help. There might be a more basic difficulty with the valve.

However, all leaking or weeping compression fittings should be dis-assembled and cleaned and made good using two wraps of tape and an overall smear of any pipe dope (thread lubricant). Nip up tight, then add a 1/4 turn.
Others have their equally effective or better ways of making a threaded joint.

I put the stop end (compression) on

the drain plug that has the faint red arrow, as all the other fittings was sorted with a bit of a tighten up.

thanks

Sponsored Links
i cant see what you mean from the picture..

the only drain plug i can see you havent pointed to... :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back