tips for new kitchen plumbing & waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I need some tips for installing dishwasher, washing machine and sink plumbing into my new kitchen.

I'll try to explain my intended layout:

Imagine looking directly at a flat wall. On the left I will have a washing machine. Immediately to its right I will have a dishwasher. Immediately to its right is my right handed sink bowl (so if you can imagine, my sink drainer is directly above the dishwasher).

My cold water feed comes from beneath the floor, directly underneith the sink bowl.

This needs to feed the sink tap, then go upstairs via a route that is directly behind the dishwasher. It also needs to include a tee for my washing machine and dishwasher.

The hot water comes down from upstairs at the same point. This needs to feed the kitchen tap, and include a tee for my washing machine only.

I need to drill a new waste hole. My intended point for this is directly below the sink waste. I want to create a common discharge for my dishwasher, washing machine and sink.

Does anyone have any tips on how to create this effectively.

Thanks in anticipation.

Dan

Sponsored Links
If they are built in appliances you must run pipes underneath them. You can either put isolation underneath or in a nearby unit and use extended hoses as required.

If free standing there is usually space to put the pipes in tallon pipe clips on back wall.

For waste, assemble the waste with u bend and two spiggots above for appliance wastes, then mark back of sink unit for hole. Remove waste, and use hole saw to drill through back of unit. Then core drill wall through that hole. This is all after you have ensured that it is a suitable place for the waste pipe to appear on the other side of the wall.

For power you must have the ability to isolate without first removing the appliance. Best practice is a switch above the unit and an unswitched single socket behind free standing appliances, or a socket in adjacent cupboard for built in appliances as there is no room behind for a nats willy.

A socket in an adjacent cupboard does count as being able to isolate it without removal. Sockets can be attached to built in kitchen carcases as they are counted as the structure of the building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back