Toilet - increasing soil pipe angle to improve exit of #2s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to raise my toilet pan say 20mm higher to improve exit strategy of unwanted lurkers (number 2s) and to tile the floor.

I am comfortable dealing with the inlet and overflow water pipes but I am unclear what to do about the large diameter soil outlet pipe. Do I need to somehow chop it off and install another one ?

Sponsored Links
It depends on the exit route of the exhaust....

Some pans are hopeless, the submarines just won't leave the pen.

You may be able to replace the pan connector (between the soil pipe and pan) with an offset connector. 20mm is quite a common offset.
Some makes cater for up to 100mm offset.

I don't know whether it will help clear the pan. That may be down to a wonderful piece of water-saving regulation that reduced cistern capacities from 9 to 6 litres. It apears to save 3 litres of water each flush, but now you often have to flush the thing twice to clear it, using 12 litres of water. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back