Toilet pan connector leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just fitted a new toilet. The pan connector has a slight leak when the toilet is flushed. It is a flexible one and the pan is 300mm from the soil pipe inlet slightly offset. From browsing these forums, flexible connectors don't seem popular.

I bought it from B & Q.

My question(s) are:

Is there anything I can do to fix the leak?

Would buying a better quality one make a difference?

Is there another way of doing things?

Sponsored Links
Take apart and clean with meths. Best with no lube on pan end but silicone spray should be OK. Some of them are just plain hopeless. Some fit better to some pans. Some pans have unglazed or rough bits where they shouldn't. If everything's really dry then silicone can work but I wouldn't use it there.

Flexy connectors can have internal ridges which aren't popular, but they're widely used. You can get ridgid extension which you can cut down, and offsets, as an alternative.

And check the spigot on the back of the pan - they are often not circular or have a flashing line - take the pan back if this is the case.

Sponsored Links
And actually measure the o.d. on the pan spigot. Some are small, and for those ones there are pan connector models specifically made to fit and not leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back