Toilet with a weak flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if anyone can help with a problem.

My girlfriend is having problems with her toilet, it has one of those horid continental style flushes and she complains that the flush is very weak, for want of a better way of putting it it does not flush waste away properly and takes two or three flushes, or a bucket of water.

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be? Is it possible to replace the flush with a syphon flush?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean it has a push button and a flush valve.

Take off the top and check the water level is correct, then check it fully empties the cistern, some of the duel flush mechanisms are poor and won't always fully flush.

And if you take the cistern lid off and press the flush valve does empty most of the water from the cistern? Some types you need to hold the button down for a few seconds.

Sponsored Links
Gasguru said:
And if you take the cistern lid off and press the flush valve does empty most of the water from the cistern? Some types you need to hold the button down for a few seconds.

Yes Gasguru, I have done this and the tank empties, to me it seems like the flush is not long enough, if that makes sense :!:

IMHO there is something wrong if those flap valves don`t flush far better than syphons........could be some plastic part dropped and lodged in the waterways to pan :?:I`ve got a spare one lying about ...from a broken cistern ........you`re welcome to it for postage cost ........email is in my profile.....it may fit some are different to others

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back