Too much pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen some dishwasher/washing machine waste queries on the site but none cover my requirements, so here goes.

I have a twin sink and the w/m waste is connected to the main sink waste. These then go out to the waste drain in my back garden. On the opposite side to my w/m is space for a dishwasher.

Can I connect my dishwasher to my under-sink plumbing and have the sink, dishwasher & w/m all using the same waste outlet or will this cause too many problems, one being pressure?

If I cannot do this, what are your suggestions. :confused:

Cheers

Gazza

Sponsored Links
If the waste is properly-installed (with correct fall, not too long, etc.) and is 40mm (1.5inch), there should be no problem - it's unlikely everything would drain out at the same time, anyway, and even if they did it's unlikely to back-up.

You may get a problem if they are all flowing at the same time :(

Better to have a separate waste for the wm or dw.

You could try them altogether with 50mm waste pipe and an anti vac trap and see how you get on :D

returnimage.asp

half the country seems to have them, and not many are a problem.

Sponsored Links
Thanks - will take a look at homebase etc for the piping. When I bought my house a few months back I only had a cold water w/m connector so I bought one of the metal (red) hot water connectors for a washing mashine that you crimp onto the pipe.

Do I have to crimp another one into the pipe for the dishwasher cold feed or can I get a double connector? Sorry it sounds a bit vague.

Gazza

Gazza855 said:
Thanks - will take a look at homebase etc for the piping
Now that would be a mistake.

Buy McAlpine - the quality is far superior.

Gazza855 said:
I have looked for the McAlpine sk1a and I can only see it available on trade pages. Is there anywhere you know where I can get it.
I see that you live in the UK. By some odd coincidence I happen to know that you can get McAlpine trap and waste parts from a plumbers' merchant in the UK.

Also, what about this one:
<picture of a non-McAlpine product>
Can you guess what I think of that one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back