tow bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
roughly how much work is involved in putting a tow bar onto a car?

i have an 04 astra estate. looks as tho itll need the full kit to fix properly (no solid frame to add it to near the centre at the back, so i think it has to connect to the sides or summit?). i can easily do the electrics side of it.

also, anyone have any idea how much they are? (new/second hand etc)

please note 9

Sponsored Links
never done a new astra. old one was a doddle with witter or brink bars. check out www.towsure.co.uk for prices. your year of car will require an eu type approved bar or you will invalidate your insurance. approved bars go to manufacturers designed mounting points so should be easy to fit. just a thought on the electrics, I would price the genuine wiring kit from vauxhall, it may not be too frightning but I once had to repair a mondeo where someone had scotchlocked into multiplex wiring. genuine kits usually just plug right in with no risk of damage.

davieboy said:
never done a new astra. old one was a doddle with witter or brink bars. check out www.towsure.co.uk for prices. your year of car will require an eu type approved bar or you will invalidate your insurance. approved bars go to manufacturers designed mounting points so should be easy to fit. just a thought on the electrics, I would price the genuine wiring kit from vauxhall, it may not be too frightning but I once had to repair a mondeo where someone had scotchlocked into multiplex wiring. genuine kits usually just plug right in with no risk of damage.

thank for the info. i will have a look at what you have said about the electrics

Sponsored Links
Someone I know just had a towbar fitted to a Vauxhall Agila. A mobile mechanic came to work and did it for £150.

Back