Towel Rail Fitting Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I'm having a bit of trouble fitting a duel fuel heated towel rail.
My problem is regarding the 90 degree fitting that screws into the bottom of the towel rail.

The purpose of this fitting is to allow the electric heating element to slot into the towel rail vertically but also to allow the cental heating to be plumbed into the towel rail at a 90 degree angle.

The trouble I am having is that when this fitting is screwed tightly into place the 90 angle is pointing out into the middle of the room.

Am I missing something here? :confused:
Could the screw thread be incorrectly machined into the towel rail?
Or do I need to use something like PFTE tape to pad out the screw thread and try and make it tighten securely at the correct angle?

Thanks,

Paul.

Sponsored Links
pgodd said:
Hi everyone.

I'm having a bit of trouble fitting a duel fuel heated towel rail.
My problem is regarding the 90 degree fitting that screws into the bottom of the towel rail.

The purpose of this fitting is to allow the electric heating element to slot into the towel rail vertically but also to allow the cental heating to be plumbed into the towel rail at a 90 degree angle.

The trouble I am having is that when this fitting is screwed tightly into place the 90 angle is pointing out into the middle of the room.

Am I missing something here? :confused:
Could the screw thread be incorrectly machined into the towel rail?
Or do I need to use something like PFTE tape to pad out the screw thread and try and make it tighten securely at the correct angle?

Thanks,

Paul.

Turn towel rail around and elbow will face wall :LOL:

It could be a curved rail!
Yes use ptfe tape to tighten to your desired position.
Pete

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back