Towel Rail

25 Jul 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi, i am going to replace the radiator in my bathroom with a towel rail. I bought the towel rail today, and after opening the box in turns out that the towel rail is not supplied with any radiator valves and the instructions do not say anything about valves.

There are four connectons that need to be made to the towel rail two at the top and two at the bottom. I assume the two connections at the bottom are the chrome radiator valves, and that one of the connectons at the top is a blank connection, and the other connection at the top is for a bleed valve. Could you tell me if this right? and exactly what types of valves altogether i need?

Also should the altered pipework be done in chrome pipe? or should the altered pipework be run in copper and have a chrome sleeveng put over the top of the copper pipe?

Thanks in advace :D
Sponsored Links
You should have got the two blanking fixings for the top of the radiator with the radiator. As you say one is a blank, the other a bleed valve.

The bottom valves you will have to buy separately. Any valves for normal radiators will do, but the chrome ones will look best. Decide how you are going to mount the radiator so you get either straight through valves or angled. You can still use copper pipe or chrome pipe. I used copper and then covered it in the chrome covers like you say.

Hope that helps.
thanks, yes that was very helpful :D .

I guess i need to go back to the suppliers then to see about the two top blank caps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links