Trac Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody used it...got a big 5 floor system to put in and getting the gas to the boiler where i want it is going to be a nightmare to say the least. Ive seen trac pipe only once and wondered what peoples opinions of it are.

Sponsored Links
I`ve used it but only from E.C.V. to regulator.....are you sure you are talking about trac-pipe??

used trac pipe a few times handy to use but ferkin expensive ,also watch your joints can be a buggar to seal, over long distances up through floors just like pulling mdpe.

bripl said:
used trac pipe a few times handy to use but ferkin expensive ,also watch your joints can be a buggar to seal, over long distances up through floors just like pulling mdpe.

Really, can you expand on that because I am genuinely fascinated..never seen it done or used...

Sponsored Links
comes in coils we order it in whatever lenght req 25m/50m etc,pvc coated stainless pipe can be bent or formed to shape supported at intervals can be awkward pulling up on your own larger sizes are heavy .here is a link to the manufacturers www.omegaflex.co.uk

Two small points to remember.

You cannot bury the pipe in a screed.

You may have an issue with fire regs in a multiple occupancy building.

trac pipe has been part of the ACS for the last 2.5 years.

Bamber gaspipe said:
DIA is there anything that you do not know?? :LOL:

Been learning for the last 48 years so quite possibly there's a few new things still to take in the old brain :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The point is in this trade you/me will never stop learning, thats what makes it so interesting.

ollski said:
trac pipe has been part of the ACS for the last 2.5 years.

I know, but it only involved Gas meters when I sat mine. .....in fact I sat my ACS less than 2 years ago..wasn`t much of a mention there...

doitall said:
Been learning for the last 48 years so quite possibly there's a few new things still to take in the old brain :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The point is in this trade you/me will never stop learning, thats what makes it so interesting.

That`s so annoying....not knowing..coming across systems that you are totally unprepared for..you have seen it all.. read the book & worn the T-shirt...must be great being a smug b*stard... :D :D

doitall said:

Iv'e seen plenty buried in cement/screed, using a simple plastic barrier to protect the trac-pipe.

Al

Al-Glasgow said:
doitall said:

Iv'e seen plenty buried in cement/screed, using a simple plastic barrier to protect the trac-pipe.

Al

it can be in screed only the joints must be accesible as the are compression

doitall wrote:

Tracpipe® manufactured to BS 7838 may be buried directly in screed/concrete,[/b] without the need for additional protection

I take it all back.... :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back