Tracpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Friend of mine is having an extension and the original boiler has been decommissioned, the new boiler is to sited be at the far end of the new build.

I'm contemplating installing 'Tracpipe', it will run half and half under the original wooden floor and buried in the new screeded/insulated floor.

Wow those terminations are expensive, although

The pipe (16m x 28mm) works out cheaper than 28mm copper!

Any experience/tips on fitting/terminating 'Tracpipe' much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
When terminating make sure you cut it with a hack saw, dont use a pipe slice or wheel cutters. Cut back the plastic cover about 30mm then rewrap upto the fitting after testing and so on.

Usual dimensions above screed and such apply.(is it 25mm I think)

Fitting has olive in two halves and works incredibly well. Flares the pipe similar to a brake pipe on a car. Dont use grease paste or PTFE, no need to.
Even though they are expensive you only need 2. One at either end.

Stan

and wear gloves

the ends are leathally sharpe

Believe me I know

Ouch

:)

Does the ppipe resistance come out right or are the tables complete b0110x for that stuff too?
I suppose it's always wrong and variable for copper because of internal smoothness, or lack of. Perhaps tracpipe would be more consistent?

Sponsored Links
have used plenty of the stuff,on the joints some compress no problem others have to be brutalized to seal[24 stilsons]never used on less than 11/2,it is not as easy to install as they make out but is quicker than hard piping

Lovely stuff, has got us out of a few tight spots over the last few years. Only real drawback is cost.

Experience is not really required, the stuff was designed to be laid by unqualified labour and terminated/tested by skilled persons afterwards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back