Traffic Wardens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a copy of a letter I wrote, complaining about a pair of TW's.

Thursday, 03 February 2005

Dear Mr Murray

Re: Vauxhall Astra XX XX XXX

I wish to report the above vehicle being illegally parked on Woodford Road Bramhall on 01/02/05 at around 11.30am.

It appears that the vehicle had stopped (facing on-coming traffic) to book motorists for illegal parking.

I find this most hypocritical: parking illegally in order to ticket illegal parkers.

How can the public be expected to act lawfully when the people in authority do not set a good example?
It seems very much a case of "do as I say, not as I do."

Yours sincerely

Simon Abbott

Sponsored Links
just some advice, now you've written the letter neatly fold it in two and proceed to rip it into tiny pieces and place in your bin.
Might as well it won't get you anywhere. ;)

I was ticked in Dec04, for parking with all 4 wheels on the pavement. I was facing a sign of a car parked with all 4 wheels on the pavement. I wrote a letter & sent photos, got a reply saying that it had been considered etc & I must pay (I have been parking same place 3 years). Anyway yesterday saw PW & he walked past cars parked as I was, so I asked him why they were not been booked, 'He said dosnt understand the sign', so he radio his controller & she said 'BOOKEM'.

You cant beat the 'B****DS

Sponsored Links
A mate of mine was ticketed for parking with two wheels on the kerb. If he had parked 4 wheels on the street he would have been fine but would have caused an obstruction meaning nothing wider than a small car could have got past.

Can't beat them!

I have had two parking tickets, one was complete fabricated BS, the second was my fault (I didn't see a 4"-square sign 10 feet up a lamp-post that said "Residents' only") but it was still a load of BS. :mad:

You would have to be mad to become a parking attendant. There are only two jobs in the world where you are guaranteed to get punched in the face on a regular basis, the other is "boxer". :rolleyes:

A report on the radio news yesterday said fines from speeding camera's and illegal parking are expected to to break the £1 billion a year barrier, within the next couple of months. This figure doesn't include the money taken in parking fees, only fines for the none payment of them.

A Gov spokesperson denied it was backdoor taxation saying that you can avoid these fines, he did admit though that around 2 out of 3 camera's are not in accident blackspots.

A Gov spokesperson denied it was backdoor taxation saying that you can avoid these fines, he did admit though that around 2 out of 3 camera's are not in accident blackspots.
If we all avoid them as gov. man says, I wonder what they will come up with to get the revenue.???

Traffic wardenship and Store Keeping are not f'ing jobs they are diseases !!
Great memories of a pizzed off guy waiting service at the stores' counter, one sarcasm too many from idle, lounging, box shifting, git resulted in said git being hauled through the trap door by his collar and shaken like the dog breath he was !!
Funny thing was, upon release he scuttled off and returned with his boss, much finger point by 'dogs', resulted in a second departure from the floor for his boots as he was hauled out through his 'trap' a final time.. Upon release he scuttled off to peruse page 3, his boss quite hurriedly served the aggrieved one, all happened within stores at large aerospace company --- har,har,har !!

Same simmering guy, wheeling mother in wheelchair along pavement, passing across driveway, exiting BMW driver blows horn, then sits in bewilderment as 'toe-tector' steel toecap leaves deep impression in door .... sensibly remains locked in --- lunatic wheels mum off into the distance... :confused:

You have to love people like that! Very entertaining to read about, sometimes to watch, but you wouldn't want to be the recipient. Generally have a prefixed name like "mad dog Dave" or "Nutty Neville", possibly "Absolutely mental, complete nutter, big f-ing Julian". But generally not Julian.

Did anyone see that "Angriest man in Britain" documentary ages ago? One guy who would just totally lose his rag over the smallest thing. Complete a**ehole, I remember he threw a TV at a shop attendent.

AdamW said:
....... but you wouldn't want to be the recipient. ....
Absolutely not, but then I would not talk or behave like the ignorant store keeper ... heard him a few times when the customer was a small, well mannered person -- believe me he got what he deserved, he wasn't actually biffed just used as a pull through in the hatchway.
Tis, sometime real life, warts n'all !!
P

Reminds me of a few years ago, new year 1999 into 2000. I avoided the hype for the celebrations and ventured off to a small village pub, parked on a side street. Got a letter a couple of weeks later trying to fine me for out of date tax disc. If I'm being entirely fair I do have to say technically it was a fair cop, the expiry was 12/99. But the letter stated that my vehicle was seen at 00.25hrs on "xxx" street with an invalid tax disc. Surely to god, at that time the police would have been better deployed in city centres dealing with drunks than scouring small villages for tax discs. As it happens I was never prosecuted, as the tax was renewed well before I got the letter anyway, but it shows the level of priorities...

i heard on the radio today, a bloke got a congestion charge fine (in London) for his car being in the zone, but not having paid congestion charge.

trouble is the only reason his car was in the congestion charging zone was becuse it had been lifted for"ilegal parking" and was on the back of a car transporter being taken to the car pound in the congestion charging zone.

so he ws fined because his car was there, but no one was actually driving it.

he appealed and won

Sponsored Links
Back