Traffic Wardens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
am i right in saying that a policeman/woman needs to have is hat/cap on to execute is duty (not to sure)..Does traffic wardens come under the same rule...if any.The reason being i saw a warden issue a parking ticket with his hat tucked under his arm..i seem to remember reading something like that a couple of years ago...

Sponsored Links
doesnt apply to police or police employed traffic wardens, however it does apply to private parking wardens who prey on our streets! There was a case in brighton where a load of tickets had to be cancelled when they first took over doing it as they didnt wear their hats.

Thermo said:
doesnt apply to police or police employed traffic wardens, however it does apply to private parking wardens who prey on our streets! There was a case in brighton where a load of tickets had to be cancelled when they first took over doing it as they didnt wear their hats.

i'm assuming it was a private warden.Grey suited,Grey cap...
i wonder how many he booked without is hat on,i know it's been hot,but he should have known the rules.

Sponsored Links
vokera80e said:
am i right in saying that a policeman/woman needs to have is hat/cap on to execute is duty (not to sure)..Does traffic wardens come under the same rule...if any.The reason being i saw a warden issue a parking ticket with his hat tucked under his arm..i seem to remember reading something like that a couple of years ago...

let me guess . . . he was giving YOU the ticket, and you're trying to find a way out? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

ha-ha...i thought somebody might of said that...But no--i was looking out my front room window and happened to see him further down the street executing (not) his duty..

Its unsafe to rely on a minor caselaw like private parking wardens!

There is only one defined law you need to remember and that is that a breath test can only be made by a uniformed police officer.

If you are stopped by the new breed of plain clothed police they HAVE to call a uniformed colleague to come and do the B test ! As long as he is uniformed he does not have to wear any hat!

Tony

Agile said:
There is only one defined law you need to remember and that is that a breath test can only be made by a uniformed police officer.
Interesting, but I'd suggest, somewhat whimsically, that you can forget this law if you remember two others - don't drink and drive, and don't get stopped.

but you can be arrested straight away by a plain clothes officer on suspicion of being unfit to drive through drink or drugs, thus eliminating the need for a breath test at the roadside.

Sponsored Links
Back