Translation humour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure we all know by now the story (true or otherwise) of the bricklayer who met some misfortune trying to lower bricks down a building in a barrel. If you haven't had in in your email yet, you've been living in a cave.

I had to laugh, however, when yet another incarnation was emailed to me tonight. It was from a penfriend in Amsterdam, who apparently ran it through an on-line translator so I would be able to understand it:

I have here this thing which I to you must read. Now, a this very tragic thing is... I, real, must read. A striking lesson in loving the higher lip is stiffly given in a recent number of of the weekly bulletin of the ' federation of the contractors of civil engineering ' the that next letter of a mason in Golders green to the firma presses for which he works. , Then I to the upper part of the bldg. got the respected lord, found I that the hurricane had been correct below some barge of the upper part. Thus I assembled on a jet, with a pulley, at the upper part of the bldg. and hoisted omhoog a couple barrels barge. When I the bldg. had confirmed, a lot had been left concerning barge. I hoisted again the barrel security copy and protected then the line at the floor and went out and filled the barrel with the extra barge. Then, I went to the floor and sacked the cable. Unfortunately, the barrel barge was heavier than I was and before I knew what happened, it started barrel, jerking me of the ground. I decided to hang! Halfway omhoog, I met the barrel that come below... and a strict battle on the shoulder received. I went then to the upper part further that, which my head gets bonst against the jet and my fingers which are blocked in the pulley! When the barrel touched the ground, it burst it is floor... permitting all barge from mess. I was now heavier than the barrel and started this way again at high speed! Halverwege below... I met the barrel which received omhoog and strict wound to my shins comes! Then I the ground... touched I landed on the barge, which different painful besnoeiingen of the sharp edges get! On this point... I must my presence of opinion have lost... because I let go of the line! The barrel came then below... giving me a very heavy battle and putting me in the hospital! I request respectfully ' for sick leave '.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back