trimmers for new staircase to loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
Trimmers to new staircase are to be 150x75mm. short ends are bout six foot both resting on top of wallplate of concrete block walls long bit bout 11 foot (3.3m) of which longest bit of unsupported span is bout 6 foot 6inches(2m). the actual width of the stairwell is bout 800mm (yes it has been okayed by bc) How would the joints best be made at the perpendicular ???
butted and glued and screwed or some other way ?? if you good at describing great if not a small diagram would do with appropriate sizes .
Thanks for your help , I know I am asking a lot of questions at the moment but am learning fast and thanks once again for all your help

Sponsored Links
See this. The only picture I can find at the moment (half one down)

You use joist hanger and normally you have 3 trimmer joists bolted together in the stairwell opening.I'm surprised that you are using 150mm joists,best to check with the building inspector.Have you got the drawing plan ? all the details should be on there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back