Triple pole shower isolator wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looked at a friends 1st fix shower installation as asked to finish off as electrician keeps failing to turn up to finish, building regs informed to cover me. Sussed out all other circuits for utility room and wall lights but no experience on this circuit.
basically 1.5mm twin and earth to hole in ceiling for extractor fan and 3 core and earth from same hole to box in wall which I assume is isolator. What is the circuit for this switch please.
Any help or pointers in right direction are greatfully received.

Sponsored Links
Preparing to get shot down... :(

Are you sure the hole in ceiling is not the light? The 3c+e then goes to the isolator, then should go on to fan.

Is there only one 3c+e in the box?

the fan is a combined light and extractor

Does the fan part have a timed overrun?

What you have described in terms of cabling won't work - with only one cable going to the isolator, how can it isolate anything? And what will it do with respect to the other cable going to the light?

Was the guy who started this job really an electrician, or was it your friend?

And did you really inform the council, and pay their fee? What did they say about what you plan to do?

Sponsored Links
Yes he was a part P electrician who carried out initial installation, I'm going back up to have a look at circuit again as it sounds like I have described it wrong, also will check extractor, will post back with new info, Thanks for help so far.

He was a bit of a silly-billy to inform them then, wasn't he, boys and girls?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back