Triton LP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 5 year old Triton LP shower. Hot water is fine but cold water is a trickle. I have tried opening/closing hot and cold water feeds to clear any blockages etc but to no avail. I have looked in the loft and traced the cold water pipe to a big plastic tank. I dont know if this is the right one because when the shower runs, no water leaves this tank but that might be because the pipe is blocked. This tank doesnt have any sort of ball joint for overflow so I could be looking in the wrong tank. I am a complete beginner at this so would appreciate any suggestions to reinstate the cold water flow to this shower?

Sponsored Links
smh1094 said:
I have a 5 year old Triton LP shower. Hot water is fine but cold water is a trickle. I have tried opening/closing hot and cold water feeds to clear any blockages etc but to no avail. I have looked in the loft and traced the cold water pipe to a big plastic tank. I dont know if this is the right one because when the shower runs, no water leaves this tank but that might be because the pipe is blocked...............YES, Very likely This tank doesnt have any sort of :confused: ball joint for overflow :confused: Your terms are mixed up ;) so I could be looking in the wrong tank........possibly, but usually the larger of 2 is the domestic water one and a very small one is for the Central Heating.......... I am a complete beginner at this so would appreciate any suggestions to reinstate the cold water flow to this shower?
You could have any amount/type of debris down the pipe IF the tank hasn`t got a proper lid on it and other safeguards :cry:

problem solved - unscrewed the shower head, let the hose hang right down and switched it on. Loud gurgle and the cold water came out. Looks like it was an airlock! This was 30mins after a plumber came and quoted to replace the whole unit... :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back