Triton Opal Shower 9.5kw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a triton opal 9.5kw shower. I use it on the lowest temperature setting (the dial will only go as low as 4 on the high button setting) but water is scalding hot. When I use the lower button setting(1red line) the water is cold and if I turn the temperature round to number 10 hardly any water comes out - just a trickle. I bought the shower 3 years ago but only had it installed a few months ago. Can anyone advise please

Sponsored Links
Water flow restricted. Check for blocked inlet filter or blocked shower rose (take off handset and try flow with hose only).

I have cleaned the shower head but it doesn't make any difference. It is a direct feed shower(from the mains - I have a combi boiler). The shower from the combi is so powerful - even using just cold water so it cna't be the water pressure - can it.

The shower from the combi
I take it this is another shower. There's simply no comparison between the electric shower and a combi fed one.

Also you've ignored my points about a blocked inlet filter and taking off handset. Maybe I'm just wasting my time giving advice .. :evil: .

Sponsored Links
Sorry didn't mean to upset you. Can you tell me how I might go about checking the inlet filter is not blocked

Ah, an intelligent response! By the way, I'm not upset, just enjoying myself.

To check if the inlet filter's blocked, turn the shower on and adjust to the coldest setting. Does the water flow greatly improve or remain rather weak? If the latter I suspect a blocked inlet filter.

The flow remains the same no matter what. Perhaps its just a rubbish shower. How come the shower (from the bath taps unit) - running just cold water is so much more powerful than the electic one - its like a power shower!

Perhaps its just a rubbish shower
Jesus! Don't you get it? The shower inlet filter's blocked! Like I said about 4 times!

You need to get a plumber to undo the connection and clean it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back