triton shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just fitted new triton shower,neon light low pressure light is on all the time.Shower runs for approx. 5mins then trips out the electric, i put on an isolation valve right below shower box then another valve 4ft. below. Could the2 valves be reducing my pressure.PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME URGENTLY.

Sponsored Links
depends on the type of valve you fitted , also is your mains pressure good or bad , is your stop tap turned on enough?

service valve(the 1 u turn on and off with screwdriver)mains pressure good, stop tap on full.

buddylove said:
Could the 2 valves be reducing my pressure?
Yes - the restrictive effect of two valves will be twice as much as for one. This will affect the flow, not the pressure, of the water.

What type of valves are they? What gauge of pipework are you using? Do you also have a check valve? Are you running off the cold mains? How much flow do you have at the kitchen cold tap?

Sponsored Links
service valve(inside is a8ml bore)15ml pipe hae not got check valve. running off cold mains,very good flow in kitchen taps

Bear in mind that the shower could be faulty - it sometimes happens.

I would do this:

1. Turn off the valve nearest the shower.
2. Uncouple the connector from the shower, and point it into a bucket (you may need extra pipework for this of course).
3. Turn on the valve and measure the time taken to reach a nominated level in the bucket.
4. Turn off the valve.
5. Repeat step 4 using the kitchen tap instead of the valve.
6. Compare the two results.

If the results are significantly different, then you'll need to do something about it.

If they are not, then phone Triton Technical and tell them the flow rate you're getting from the cold mains and ask them what they think is wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back