TRV Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a room stat situated in the hallway that shuts the combi boiler off at 20C, this works fine so theres no problem there.

In the front room I have a TRV fitted to the rad which is set to 5(28C).

Thinking logically I would expect that rad to remain on until the room stat shut the boiler down when it reached 20C.

The problem is that rad in the front room shuts off regulary, if I remove the TRV then everything seems OK.

I have another rad that is fitted with a TRV so I decided to swap the head of the TRV with the one in the front room and noticed that if I pushed the exposed spindle down it made a click where the front room one didn't.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
are you saying the one that works clicks? have you a 3rd one you can try? if it clicks then 2 out of three that click that work would indicate that if it doesnt click it must be a faulty valve

David Jones

Hi David

I have 3 TRV in total and the 2 I have suspicions about do not click. I wasn't sure if they are surpose to click or not.

Do you know if it's possible to buy the valve part on it's own or do I have to buy the whole unit again ?

Thanks

I believe for the hassle it will cause it would be easier and cheaper to buy a whole new valve

Sponsored Links
Hi again David

Thanks for your advice, I think you are right.

Now I've just got to find out how to drain down the 'sealed system' and fit the new TRVs.

Festive greetings to you...

You Too,
for draining yor system, have a look at other posts they do mention how.

---------------
David Jones

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back