TRV Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone help my understanding please. I have a Eurocal Combi Boiler (installed in the shed) with TRVs on all radiators except one (bathroom) and no room thermostats. I understand how TRVs work which is pretty simple, but not how should these work in conjunction with the boiler.

I have the heating set (via a timer) to come on for a few hours in the evening and it duely does, the boiler fires approximately every 10~15 minutes and the required radiators heat up.

To assist my understanding I suppose my questions are as follows:

1) When the heating is on, is it the TRVs that control how often the boiler fires up?

2) If the heating was switched on and I turned all the TRVs down to zero, would the boiler fire up?

3) When the heating is switched on, what prompts the boiler to fire up? Is it when the ambient temperature drops below the temperature on the TRV?

I would really appreciate it if some one would give me a descriptive explanation of how this system works.

Looking forward to your replies.

Sponsored Links
(1) No.
(2) Only briefly to heat itself up.
(3) Boiler firing is controlled by boiler thermostat.

If you want to know more, I suggest you delve into the vast assemblage of knowledge and experience already recorded on this forum. Use the search function.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back