Trying to connect TV, DVD Recorder and Satellite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
I have a panasonic TV and a DVD Recorder and I'm trying to connect them to the satellite box using scart leads. I have no TV aerial so I need to record from satellite broadcast. They have all been rigged up before but never really worked. All I can record is what i am watching. The scart sockets i have are as follows.

1. TV AV1
2. TV AV2
3. DVD Recorder AV1(TV)
4. DVD Recorder AV2(Decoder/Ext)
5. Satellite Box TV Scart
6. Satellite Box VCR Scart

I have rigged it up as follows

1 to 5
2 to 3
4 to 6

Still no joy
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Hi.. On your set up you can only record what you are watching no matter what you do.
You either need a aerial, which would allow you to record sky and watch a terestrial broadcast at the same time or you need SKY+

on my setup i have digibox [scart to tv] ariel in digi and out into video one out then into video2 in other words it loops between all components

on your setup if you scart from satalite into first video the ariel connections after that from the video it should work you can then watch anything connected to the ariel cable and record the satalite/digital but only in sterio on the first vidio/dvd via the scart
as long as they are looped via an ariel cable

oooo thinking about it do dvd recorders have ariel connections i dont know i havnt got one :rolleyes:

perhaps if they have 2 scart sockets you can put them all in aloop!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Big all.........he dont have external Antenna..........sky only...Thats why he cant record different from what he is watching, would need 2 tuners...on some digi boxes you cant unless it has a through loop.

Sponsored Links
aaaa got yah the only input sky or dvd so thats all he can watch as his "normal channels" are supplied by sky

daisy chain all starting with satbox through to ending at tv. rather than starring off as you are doing.

I used to do the same as you and never had full functionality till i daisy chained now everything works a treat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back