Trying to Locate "Large" style Cooker Switch &

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have moved into a new house built about 18 years ago. The cooker is connected to a "Cooker Switch with integrated 13 amp socket". Unfortunately the socket part is damaged and I want to replace the unit. Problem is that it is a large switch - approx 170mm x 115mm rather than the standard 145x85 which is all I can find.

Not wanting to change the decoration yet, anyone any ideas of a source for such a large cooker switch/socket combination please? :?:

Sponsored Links
No brand name on the front - Maybe inside but can't check that just now.

Sounds like the old MK type,
MK5011.jpg

Sponsored Links
I forgot add in the post above that if that is the type you require then you can still get them at tlc-direct.co.uk or from a Electrical trade counter like Senate or CEF although our local CEF (City Electrical Factors) don't stock MK goods

Good idea - the MK is a good size that I may have to follow up. I checked the inside of the switch today - it is made in England by Crabtree. I have taken a picture & hope it shows OK in the forum (including damaged socket!). Would still like to source one of similar dimensions if possible. Do Crabtree still exist? Many Thanks for any ideas.

page4.html

As far as I know crabtree do still exist. MK were supposed to be the best but I personally prefer Crabtree from an aesthetic point of view, edges of units and switches nicely rounded off.
P.S. Just done a search, look for Crabtree electrical limited. They are, or were a bit cheaper than MK but it's your choice.

:D :D Many Thanks everyone - identical (but not broken!) cooker switch now found and sorted. :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back