Turning off hot water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm fitting a new bathroom (see another post), and need to isolate the hot water supply from the boiler.

We have a Vokera Combi situated next to the bathroom. Looking at the boiler from the front, the HW outlet pipe has a small 15mm stop cock on it (black in colour)

Would turning this to 'Off' (ie closing the valve) suffice to stop the HW supply to the taps ? I'm assuming it would - or have I missed something.

Should I turn off the boiler first before doing so ?

Is it just a simple matter of turning this cock back on to restore HW supply back to the taps ?

Aplogies if the question seems obvious .....

Many thanks

Tony

Sponsored Links
Normally turning the mains off and turning the boiler off will stop hot and cold at the same time on a combi :)

Sponsored Links
hilti68 said:
We have a Vokera Combi situated next to the bathroom. Looking at the boiler from the front, the HW outlet pipe has a small 15mm stop cock on it (black in colour)

Usually the cold mains inlet has the isolating valve :eek:

Should I turn off the boiler first before doing so ?

Definitley if it is in this position

Is it just a simple matter of turning this cock back on to restore HW supply back to the taps ?

Yes

I thought tha most Vokeras had their 3 way inlet valve, filling valve etc under the right side of the combi as you look at it. They are usually clearly marked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back