Two reasons not to let a CORGI in your house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had two customers today who syhould serve as a warning

the first was charged £260 + £80 to replace a SUprima pcb (which lasted 14 months BTW, so I had to fix it)

the second was someone else who was quoted (Magic number ?) £260 for a Potterton Profile pcb

Now, ... iof that's not a rip off, I dion't know what is

Sponsored Links
They also sh1t on your carpet.

[Could we stop with the Corgi vs Non Corgi bashing?]

It WAS fun. This section is supposed to be a "How To". Can't all the Corgi bashing go under "General Discussion". There you could knock seven bells out of each other.

It's all a bit reminiscent of "War Games" - neither is going to win the argument as there isn't a neutral judge there to say "in actual fact, yes, Corgis are ALL wrong and should be first against the wall as they are blood suckers."

It's an argument that goes nowhere.

I'm off to bed anyhow, no-one's answered my damn inhibitor post so I'm just bitter. :)

Sponsored Links
I don't see the relevance to corgi Geoff. I believe however that the retail price of the board is 230 + vat though.

Funny, I thought that it was £172 + VAT, although I phoned a CH merchant up today and asked, he said he was selling them for £140

Profiles, are a total rip off from Potterton at £120 +, that's still a long way short of £260

Maybe they dropped them a bit when they realised how much they would be able to mass produce them

"I'm off to bed anyhow, no-one's answered my damn inhibitor post so I'm just bitter."

doesn't http://www.kamco.co.uk/ have the answer ?

BTW, I've got 5 litres of FX2 if anyone wants it ...

"My, are'nt you the busy one."

I could replying by saying I probably made quite a bit more today than you did ...

but then, I'm not bitter or twisted

I liked the Yorkshire "bitter" bit!

There is clearly some confusion about spare PCB prices.

I went to a boiler yesterday which was an October 2000 model, yet it has a repaired 1997 pcb ???

The Agent could not explain that and it made me wonder if some of the lowlife boiler repairers replace the genuine new pcbs with old repaired ones when they go to just top up the pressure?

Just finished watching a comedy channel program called badly dubbed something which had a "Polish plumber" and included Potterton combi, power flushing and rodding and lots of other suggestive bits including ballc***s. Its amazing what a few hunded thousand European workers can do when they even infiltrate British comedy channels.

Tony

Yes, I suppose the mark upon electrical components is such a rip off.
I only managed to clear £3800 today but had to work till 7pm, but still there's always tomorrow.

Partscenter: SUprima pcb
Selected Product: 424146

Description POTT 5111603 ELECTRONIC CONTROL KIT
Retail Price
(Excluding VAT and quantity discounts) £224.20

That's £263 inc vat.

That includes a profit, but it has to be collected, paid for, dealt with if faulty ( ie money lost) and fitted, and the boiler recommissioned. For which we have to pay thousands to be qualified to do. Then we have to get the money out of the customer.

Now then Geoff, you flog fans.
For how much - about £50? Money up front.
Except they're the buyers' own fans you're selling back to them, with maybe a new motor and bearings. Which cost you about £10. And it must take absolutely MINUTES to change them.

You say you can get a Suprima pcb for £150 give or take, (... vat)?

SO why would you object if we supplied and fitted them on for, say £700?

I only managed to clear £3800 today but had to work till 7pm,

as you say ...

"but still there's always tomorrow."

"Now then Geoff, you flog fans.
For how much - about £50? Money up front. "

£45

"Except they're the buyers' own fans you're selling back to them, with maybe a new motor and bearings. Which cost you about £10. And it must take absolutely MINUTES to change them. "

You must be joking, fans take 1-2 hours depending (when you include cleaning and paintng, balancing and finishing)

You say you can get a Suprima pcb for £150 give or take, (... vat)?

I phoned up A10 boilers in Enfield, they quoted me £140 +

"SO why would you object if we supplied and fitted them on for, say £700?"

Sorry, the two parts of your argument don't tie in together

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back